And one more makes 4

Thursday, August 20, 2009

She did it!




I realize she has her middle finger up but honestly it
is innocent and we don't have many pictures together
so I decided to post it anyways.


So, I don't know if it's persistence on our part or determination on Charlotte's but she finally earned her princess water bottle and no ordinary princess water bottle that is. I mean the shape alone rivals any boring water bottle (it's in the shape of a chalice) and of course there is a floating Belle princess at the bottom that dances when you shake the bottle. Of course in order to earn this she had to go....what is even the right word to use without sounding like a dorky suburban house wife or so comfortable talking about my children's bodily functions that I have no shame...but she pooped! I never believed in my life I would be so thrilled that my child was going to poop in the "potty," another word to make me feel like, "wait, I have a college degree right?." And it's almost as if you have earned the victory as much as they have. We all jumped up and down and showered Charlotte with praise. In fact we even reduced ourselves to chanting potty songs to popular tunes sung on the radio. As silly and embarrassing as it is to be a fly on the wall watching this all happen it truly is awesome and amazing. Well, much to our excitement Charlotte has done this 3 times in the past 24 hours and has now earned a Construction set complete with a tool belt, hammer, wrench, pliers, nuts, bolts, screws and boards to work with. Oh, and of course we can't forget the goggles and the construction hat. She has been talking about that prize for a while now but until now has refused to compete the task to earn it. So, I have to find some more goodies to entice her until this is a daily routine. I think I may need to do some garage saling tomorrow and get some ideas. Any suggestions are welcome.

No comments: